Monday 14 May 2007

The start of another week in the office

Well, it was the start of another difficult working week. We have over a thousand people in our building but the actual "doers" (Java coders, etc) number in their handfuls. Every project is delayed due to lack of resources. Go figure!

I am continuing with my actual sentient existence outside of work, and I am continuing to try to understand the use of Eclipse 3.1.2 / OSGI to underpin the WebSphere Application Server 6.1 infrastructure. I was asked to write an Atom/RSS Reader so I have done this as an Eclipse RCP application that uses a ROME plugin. The ROME plugin can also be used with WAS to publish RSS and Atom feeds.

Well, I have to prepare myself for another day in the office tomorrow. Almost every day I feel sick before going in. I acted under orders last year and am suffering for it this year. C'est la vie. I guess it is time to move on to another company...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop moaning about work...but hey, at least you still have time for BLOG...Grass is not greener anywhere else, BAU, but you can increase salary and still not see the daylight (like that would make us happy)...

I still have to install WAS 6.1 and start playing with it. Plugins are really interesing thing...once I get to them ;)

Good Luck with BLOG, I'm probably going to follow your footsteps on it...and start spamming myself...

Speak to you soon !!!!

Anonymous said...

hmm, just left a comment and it dissapeared....strange conspiracy
...